1. Drone Laws In Malaysia
2. Buying Drones In Malaysia
3. Commercial Malaysia Drone Laws
4. Flying Drones In Malaysia
5. Contact Information
* Malaysia drone laws are constantly changing. To stay up to date on the latest drone laws changes, sign up for our drone law notifications here. To learn about everything drone visit our Drone School. *
General Malaysia Drone Laws
Drone use is allowed in Malaysia, but there are several Malaysia drone laws that need to be followed when flying in the country. Operators must ensure that they follow the following laws when flying in Malaysia,
- You cannot fly higher than 400 feet (122 meters)
- You cannot fly near people not associated with flying the drone or over crowds
- You must fly during daylight hours and only fly in good weather conditions
- Do not fly your drone
- If you are flying a drone that weighs more than 20kg you must hold a private pilots licence and obtain a permit for every flight you intend to operate. You can obtain a permit by contacting the Malaysia aviation authority through the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Buying Drones In Malaysia
Read our buying guide for Buying Drones In Malaysia. It includes information on drones for sale in Malaysia, import taxes and requirements, payment, and shipping.
Commercial Malaysia Drone Laws
When flying a drone in Malaysia for commercial purposes make sure you adhere to the above Malaysia drone laws.
Flying Drones In Malaysia
Malaysia is an amazing country and there are many amazing places from Kuala Lumpur to Sandakan where you can capture amazing aerial photography while adhering to the drone laws in Malaysia. Here is a video taken by Zhen Ming Ng showcasing Malaysia’s beauty from above.
Malaysia drone laws are up to date as of February 1, 2016
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or comments