3D ROBOTICS X8+
The 3D Robotics X8+ advanced Quadcopter is perfect for anyone looking to haul up to 1kg of payload through the skies. The X8+ features the advanced Pixhawk flight controller platform. With a flight duration of 15 minutes combined with multiple flight modes giving the pilot greater flexibility, the platform is designed to maximize customization. This programmable system uses GPS and onboard data to allow you to operate the drone in full autopilot mode or manually.
Video: In Action
Here’s a video of the 3DR X8+ in action.
- Ready To Fly purchase includes all components for ability to flight
- Quadcopter design promotes stability and precision
- 3D Robotics X8+ has payload capacity of 1kg for various professional applications
- Achieve flight time of 15 minutes on single charge
- Attach compatible components for specific professional application
- Pixhawk and Mission Planner software sets pre-programmed flight paths
- View live telemetry information via the Mission Planner App
- Failsafe low battery returns the drone to the ground
- Pixhawk flight controller connects wirelessly, and follow me functionality is included
- Intelligent Flight Modes: Manual/Hover/Auto/Follow Me Modes for great flexibility
- Geofence safety functions prevent flight range beyond 300 meters unless disabled
- Multiple safety functions through failsafe operations
- Return To Launch switch returns the drone to the ground safely
- The 3D Robotics X8+ designed to be customized
- Possible upgrades include FPV functionality, upgraded battery, and range extender
- Variety of other customization or upgrade options, speak with us!
Pixhawk and Mission Planner
With a tablet, phone or computer you can wirelessly connect to the Pixhawk flight control system via the Mission Planner app which allows you to plan autopilot routes for the X8+, view the X8+ current location, airspeed, altitude and battery information. A low battery fail-safe will land the drone at it’s current location if the battery falls below a critically low threshold.
A USB cable and and Android OTG (On the Go) cable are included for connecting wirelessly to the Pixhawk flight control system. The Pixhawk flight controller also has a follow me feature which allows the drone to always maintain a specific distance and height from you, perfect for capturing aerial selfies and aerial video of yourself.
The 3DR X8+ utilizes 3 flight modes to compliment all possible flight tasks. The Manual Flight model utilizes an altitude hold mode which aids in starting your flight, while responding to transmitter inputs by the pilot. Hover Mode is helpful for beginners and should be the first mode you attempt, and when you release the sticks then the X8+ will hover in place automatically. Inputting the transmitter sticks will operate the drone as intended, and releasing the sticks will allow the user to hover in place.
Auto Mode is for pre-determined flight, the drone will carry out the flight path designated by the pilot as way-points. Follow Me functionality will command the drone to follow the pilot, based on the connection with the transmitter. Flying missions with extended range beyond 300 meters will need the pilot to disable the default horizontal geofence, to allow the drone to fly farther than 300 meters without automatic engagement of RTL.
Integrated within the model are several pre-programmed behavior to prevent damage to the drone. Loss of GPS signal will safely automatically land the drone with blinking yellow and blue LED lights. Loss of RC Signal will cause the drone to safely automatically land with blinking yellow indicating lights. Low Battery is engaged when the battery reaches 25% remaining, and is also indicated with blinking yellow lights. Failsafe commands give the pilot confidence that unpredictable circumstances will not destroy their 3DR X8+.
Return to Launch
Turning on the RTL switch to ON will end your flight and return your X8+ to the launch point automatically. Additionally, putting the throttle down fully with initiate the the automatic landing. Firstly it maintains a minimum altitude of 15 meters or current altitude if larger, the drone then moves to launch points and loiters for 5 seconds, and finally lands at the launch point. Shortly afterwards the drone will disarm automatically.
One of the major features of the X8+ is the high level of customization possible. The airframe is designed to be modified by the end user with third party parts to enable it to carry bulky or difficult to carry payloads, perfect for tinkerers or education institutions. A GoPro camera can be installed on the bottom of the drone however this requires a gimbal that can be purchased from us additionally.
In addition an FPV kit can be purchased from us with either FPV Goggles or an FPV monitor. The FPV kit it features a small camera installed on the front of the X8+ drone which streams video to a monitor mounted above on your controller giving you a first person view as if you were in the drone yourself. This is ideal for those who plan to fly further away or those who plan to take aerial photography.
We offer an optional streaming FPV add on for the 3D Robotics X8+ for an additional $349 USD. Please let us know in the order if you would like to add this option.
*Please note that the listed flight time with vary above 2000 feet of elevation, as well as numerous other variables. Some of these include payload, wind conditions, elevation, temperature, humidity, flying style, and pilot skill.*
Your purchase of 3DR X8+ includes:
- 3D Robotics X8+ 2.4GHz 9CH RC Drone
- FlySky FS-TH9X with FrSky Telemetry Module 9CH 2.4GHz Transmitter
- 14.8V 10,000mAh 10C LiPo Battery
- LiPo Balance Charger
- LiPo Battery Bag
- 8 AA Batteries
- 3DR Telemetry Radio
- Micro USB Cable
- Android Device Adapter
- Tool Kit
- Flight Checklist
- Operational Manual
PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
Let us know via the chat function at the bottom of the screen if you would like to add any accessories such as additional batteries, propellers, or anything else to your order.
3D ROBOTICS X8+ SPECS
- ~15 minute* flight time. This can be enhanced by upgrading the battery from the included one,
- 300 meter range. This can be boosted by using a booster add on.
- 800mm wingspan
- 2.6kg weight
- Aluminum body
- 2.4GHz transmitter with on screen info display
- 30m/s maximum horizontal flight speed
- 14.8V 10,000mah included battery
- Ready to fly
- Extremely stable flight
- Includes GPS, altitude hold mode, position hold mode, flight planning, autonomous flight mode, follow me mode, automatic landing and return to home mode
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the live chat below if you would like help learning about configuring your 3D Robotics X8+ purchase.