TALON MAPPING DRONE
The Talon Mapping Drone is a perfect platform for long range aerial mapping. The Talon Mapping Drone has a range of approximately 2 miles, or 3.2 kilometers and can fly for around 1 hour continuously depending on the operating conditions and payload. It is a perfect platform for geo-referenced orthomosiacs.
Video: In Action
Here`s a video of the Talon Mapping Drone in action.
- Perfect long range aerial platform: range of 2miles(3.2km) and 1 hour continuous flight
- Pixhawk Flight Controller with Mission Planner Software
- Mission Planner Software monitor real-time live telemetry data
- Lightweight strong EPO foam body with carbon fibre reinforcements
- Talon Mapping Drone purchase includes S100 Camera
- Built in GPS unit for Georeferenced Orthomosiacs
- Ready To Fly all components you need to fly
- Customizable optional upgrades: FPV, thermal sensors, custom sensor equipment, range extender
- Hand launched capability for easy take-off
Pixhawk and Mission Planner
The Talon Mapping Drone features a Taranis X9D radio, 3D Robotics Pixhawk flight control system and a lightweight strong EPO foam body with carbon fiber reinforcements. Flight plans can be programmed into the Pixhawk flight controller via Mission Planner software, allowing for autonomous flying. The Mission Planner software also allows the operator to monitor data such as the GPS location of the Talon Mapping Drone, speed, altitude, voltage, and battery information all live while the drone is flying.
The included mapping camera with the Talon Mapping Drone is the S100 camera, featuring 24-120mm equivalent 5x zoom lens, DIGIC 5 image processor, 12.1 MP high sensitivity CMOS sensor, 2.3/9.6fps shoot rate depending on the mode and a built in GPS unit for georeferenced orthomosiacs.
The Talon Mapping Drone is pre-built and tested to ensure it’s ready to fly out of the box.
Upgrades are available such as FPV, Futaba 14SG transmitter, extended range, FPV googles, a thermal sensor, Sony NEX5/7, custom sensor equipment and custom paintwork. FPV allows the user to see live footage on a monitor mounted above the controller, live from a camera mounted on the front of the X8 Long Range Drone.
This FPV allows the operator to pilot the drone as if they were sitting inside it and can stream up to 30 miles (50 kilometers) away. This is the same technology that is being embraced by drone racing!
We can also substitute certain parts if you have a specific preference, such as a specific flight controller, or something else.
Still not sure what drone is for you? Check out our Drone School, filled with buying guides to make sure you pick the perfect drone for your use.
- 1x Talon Mapping Drone with all electronics installed and tested
- 1x Taranis X9D 2.4GHz transmitter with telemetry
- 1x 3D Robotics Pixhawk Flight Controller
- 1x Canon S100 camera
- 1x Lipo balance charger with LCD screen
- 1x Instruction manuals and guide to getting started flying
PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
Let us know via the chat function at the bottom of the screen if you would like to add any accessories such as additional batteries, propellers, or anything else to your order.
TALON MAPPING SPECS
- 2 mile (3.2km) range
- Approximately 1 hour flight time
- Strong lightweight EPO carbon fiber reinforced body
- 3D Robotics Pixhawk flight controller allows for autonomous programmed flights
- Can be fitted with FPV, or additional equipment and options depending on customer requirements
- 1.7-meter wingspan (5.58 feet)
- Hand launched
- S100 camera
S100 Camera Specifications
- 24-120mm equivalent 5x zoom lens
- DIGIC 5 imgae processor
- 12.1MP high sensitivity CMOS sensor 1/1.7″ format
- On chip noise cancellation system
- 2.3FPS shoot rate (9.6fps high speed burst mode)
- Built in GPS unit
Talon Mapping Drone Add-Ons
Here are some of the specific add-ons that can be requested:
- Thermal Sensor
- Futaba 14SG 2.4GHz Transmitter
- Extended Range
- Sony NEX 5 or NEX 7
- Custom Sensors
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the live chat below if you would like help learning about configuring your Talon Mapping Drone purchase.