X8 LONG RANGE SURVEILLANCE DRONE
The X8 Long Range Surveillance Drone is the top platform for those looking to use a drone for intensive surveillance missions. The X8 Long Range Surveillance Drone has a range of approximately 50 kilometers (30 miles) and can fly for up to 3 hours continuously depending on the operating conditions and payload.
Video: In Action
Here’s a video of the X8 Long Range Surveillance Drone in action.
- Pixhawk Flight Control system and free Mission Planner software
- Mission Planner software provides variety of telemetry data to the pilot in real time
- Dual Video Feeds: FPV and HD ground feed
- FPV Live Video is great for controlled take-offs and landings
- HD Ground Feed 360º view of orientation for camera control
- Ground Station includes travel case, laptop, all electronic components
- Carry a payload of up to 2KG, automated cargo door drops payloads
- Easy and innovative catapult launching device, and preserves battery life
- Enhanced features for Long Range Cargo Drone
- Cargo Box, enhanced battery, powerful motors, landing gear
- Landing Gear protects drone before landing, and retracts during flight
- Optional upgrades include Cargo Bay, Infrared Camera, Custom Paintwork
- Ready To Fly purchase features all components needed to fly
- Achieve flight time of 3 hour on a single charge
- Achieve flight range of 30 miles on a single charge
Pixhawk and Mission Planner
The X8 Long Range Surveillance Drone features a Futaba 14SG radio, full portable ground station setup, Pixhawk flight control system and a lightweight strong X8 frame. Flight plans can be programmed into the Pixhawk flight controller via Mission Planner software, allowing for autonomous flying. The Mission Planner software also allows the operator to monitor data such as the GPS location of the X8 Long Range Surveillance Drone, speed, altitude, voltage, and battery information all live while the drone is flying.
Two live video feeds are also transmitted from the drone to the ground station. The first video feed is the FPV feed which shows the operator a lower resolution view ahead of the drone. This footage is generally used when the operator is performing takeoffs and landings, or flying in an area with potential obstacles to avoid. The second video feed is from a high-definition video camera mounted under the drone with the operator having 360-degree control of the camera via a turret. This footage gives the operator full 360-degree view of everything happening on the ground in the area the drone is flying.
An optional infrared camera can also be installed for operators who need to do surveillance during the night while a laser pointer function is included with this upgrade.
The ground station includes a travel case, with a laptop and all electronics mounted in the case. The laptop runs the Mission Planner software which controls the flight plan of the drone. Live footage is sent to a separate monitor which is also included. This setup is ideal for those who need to take the drone out to remote locations while it can also be setup in a more permanent location. A large travel battery and generator are also available.
Catapult Launch and Landing
The X8 Long Range Surveillance Drone is one of the largest drones on the market, with a wingspan of approximately 2.12 meters or 6.95 feet. It is launched via a catapult that is included. The catapult ensures the drone reaches cruising altitude as quickly as possible while also reducing the battery power required to get to this altitude. When it comes time to land the drone features retractable landing gear which can be deployed to avoid damage to the exterior of the drone.
The X8 Long Range Surveillance Drone is built, tested and ready to fly upon delivery.
The X8 Long Range Surveillance Drone comes with custom paintwork, which is customizable for the customer depending on their preferences. Upgrades are available such as a full infrared camera setup with laser pointer while additional services such as on location training and so on are also available. A small cargo bay, that can drop a payload mid-flight is another available option.
Still not sure what drone is for you? Check out our Drone School, filled with buying guides to make sure you pick the perfect drone for your use.
This video is NOT the X8 long range surveillance drone, it is instead the basic X8 drone.
- 1 X8 Long Range Surveillance Drone Ready to Fly with all electronics installed and tested
- 1 Futaba 14SG
- 1 Pixhawk Flight Controller
- 1 Lipo Balance Charger With LCD Screen
- 1 Ground station with laptop, flight software
- 1 long range transmission equipment
- 1 video monitor
- 1 launch catapult
- 1 custom paintwork
- 1 retractable landing gear
- 1 Instruction manuals and guide to getting started flying
PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
Let us know via the chat function at the bottom of the screen if you would like to add any accessories such as additional batteries, a guidance system, flight controller, propellers, or anything else to your order.
X8 LONG RANGE SURVEILLANCE SPECS
- 30 Mile (50Km) Range
- Approximately 3 Hour Flight Time
- Strong Lightweight X8 Drone Body
- Pixhawk Flight Controller Allows For Autonomous Programmed Flights
- Features 2 Live Camera Streams
- Features 360-degree Controllable Surveillance Camera Via Turret
- Features A Portable Ground Station With Catapult Launching Platform
- 2.12-Meter Wingspan (6.95 Feet)
- Many Other Options And Customization Available
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the live chat below if you would like help learning about configuring your X8 Long Range Surveillance Drone purchase. We can also substitute certain parts if you have a specific preference, such as a specific flight controller, or something else.