No Products in the Cart
- General Albania Drone Laws
- Drone Permits In Albania
- Brining Your Drone On Airplanes Guide
- Buying Drones In Albania
- Drone Travel Guide Articles
- Contact Information For Questions
General Albania Drone Laws
Drone use is allowed in Albania, but there are several drone laws that need to be followed when flying in the country.
Albania is currently developing legislation for the use of unmanned aerial vehicles,
Operators must ensure that they follow the following drone laws when flying in Albania,
- Do not fly your drone over people or large crowds
- Respect others privacy when flying your drone
- Do not fly your drone over airports or in areas were aircraft are operating
- You must fly during daylight hours and only fly in good weather conditions
- Do not fly your drone in sensitive areas including government or military facilities. Use of drones or camera drones in these areas are prohibited.
Bringing Your Drone On Airplanes Guide
For a detailed guide to bringing your drone on airplanes click here. All drones should be brought on carry on luggage if possible. This is because according to the Montreal Convention, airlines are only liable for losses up to ~$1,000 USD. When traveling internationally, theft and lost luggage can be common issues, particularly if your flight has many connections. If your drone is worth more than $1,000 USD and you cannot bring it onto the plane you should consider shipping it with DHL, Fedex, or UPS instead and fully insure the shipment.
You should NOT place drone batteries in your checked baggage. All drone batteries should be placed in a Medium Size Lipo Battery Bag like the one shown here in the link and brought onto the plane in your carry on bag. Lithium-ion batteries are considered “dangerous goods” by airlines and rules surrounding these batteries on planes are EXTREMELY strict due to multiple incidents of these batteries catching fire. Failure to properly pack lithium-ion batteries in a bag such as the one shown in the link above can result in the airline seizing them, you getting fined, or being denied boarding.
Here is some video footage shot by Clirim Metkaj when flying a drone in Albania.
Buying Drones In Albania
Read all of our Albania Drone Laws, and now looking for drones, parts, accessories, or something else? Read our guide for Buying Drones In Albania. It includes information on drones for sale in Albania import taxes, payment options, and shipping.